Tuesday, October 7, 2008

There is a big château in Maisons Laffitte and a big château in St. Germain en Laye and they both make me feel small and they both make the sky look like big big Texas sky. I live in a small house now that I keep clean and that has no heat and in the morning it is difficult to get out of bed. It is odd to be naked and in weather that cold. My body seems to radiate heat and I feel as if I can almost see the heat escaping. I have a shower but you have to hold the handle. There is nothing to hang it on. When I shampoo the small amount of hair I have, I freeze more and again but then it is hot again when I pick the nozzle back up. When the shower turns off and it is still dark outside and there I am naked and cold, that first step out of the steam is one of the hardest, and more empowering steps I take in my day.

No comments: